- On the desktop, click on the Apple logo in the top left of the screen. Then click on ‘System Preferences.’
- Click on ‘Software Update,’ which is represented with a gear icon.
- Your computer will automatically check for any available updates.
- If there are any upgrades available, click on ‘Upgrade Now’ to make the updates. If it is an OS update, this will automatically update your Safari browser.
How to Update Safari on Mac on Older OS
Next, let us look at the steps to update Safari on OS High Sierra or older.
- Go to the App Store. The App Store can be accessed by clicking on the Apple icon on your desktop in the top left corner.
- Click on the ‘Updates’ section to see all your apps that have updates available.
- Look for Safari in the list and click on ‘Update.’ If Safari does not show on this list, then there is no update currently available for it.